Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Prayer & Worship Nightttttt

We all know how important prayer is and what a gift it is. We all know how cool it is to have that direct contact with our Father in Heaven. But have you ever had difficulty praying? I'm certain all of us have. You might have had some of these thoughts or questions:
I don't feel like it.
I feel so overwhelmed by everything to come to God.
My problems are insignificant
I don't quite know what to say
Where do I begin?
How do I have a conversation with God? 

But don't worry! You're not the only one! Even the disciples, the ones who gave up their jobs and lives to follow Jesus, had difficulty praying. In fact, that was the one thing they asked Jesus for a lesson on: how to pray.


We also know it is important to spend time with God not just through prayer but also by reading his Word. This is something most, if not all of us struggle with. 
Where should I start
What should I read? 
How do I go deeper into the Word? 
I'm not getting anything out of it. 
Quite honestly, it's kinda boring. 


This Friday, Esther and I (Ev) will be sharing practical devotional methods as well as going back to the basics of prayer. If you ever struggle with prayer or devotion (like pretty much all of us), then come down this Friday to hopefully learn something new that you can take back and apply to your personal relationship with God. 


Remember to bring your good ol' Bibles, beautiful singing voices and an expectant heart to hear from the Lord!
Can't wait to see you guys! :D


God Bless all you wonderful people xx

No comments: