Thursday, October 09, 2014

Narrowing it down

The throw-off test, undone homework, unprepared tute, the missed out devotions today. The forgotten responsibility, the bad exam, the horrible group assignment, the expectation of your friends. Your teachers. Your parents. Your God. 

"I've failed as a friend. A student. A daughter. A Christian."

Shame. Condemnation and blame. I've beaten myself up countless times for things I could have done or how it could have gone better another way. Do you? I feel like sometimes I'm in some deep dark void that sucks the life out of me and I wonder why I even bother doing things. Yeah I went there.

Don't stay there. Walk. Push through and let's face it: Life sort of sucks sometimes. 

Sometimes. Not ALL the time or constantly. Just sometimes. We can't comprehend how our life will turn out to be but sometimes we act like flopping fishes on land - helpless. 

You as a human being can make a decision. To see beauty within the mess, learn from your mistakes and keep on walking, or to wallow in shame. You as a Christian have to understand that God has already overcome (1 John 4).
Can you sing praises unto His name even when you "don't feel like it"?

'This is the Day that The Lord has made, Let us rejoice and be glad in it'

Do you not realise that God loves you even before you knew He existed? 

Abounding Grace

It's pretty cool(; 

Do remember that we're on the second lesson on chapter two in the Purple book(: Do try to complete it beforehand guys!

Much lovelinesses,
Si-en

No comments: