Thursday, February 12, 2015

STAND OUT!


Heyyo everyone, hope your first 2 weeks of school's been awesome! I remember I used to love seeing all my friends again, be the first to rush into class when the doors open to get a good seat for the year, and stock up my locker with lots of snacks to eat throughout my classes breaks!

As fun as all that was, you know what I also remember? I remember how I used to be indirectly peer pressured to do things I didn't really want to. I remember conforming to behaviours that would make me look "cool" in front of others, sometimes even at the expense of my faith.

I'm sure many of you have been in a similar situation one way or another, and the bottom line is... who are you following?

This week, we'll kick start our 2 week series of "standing out" with a special guest speaker and also good friend of mine, Ps Dexter! I'm sure he'll speak right through to your hearts, so get excited and I'll see you all at 7:30pm tomorrow!!

Bring a friend, bring your new notebooks (woo!!) and a bible for a night to remember!

No comments: