Friday, November 10, 2006

The Student's Psalm

I'm sure many of you have seen this before, but it's a funny take on the Psalm I posted a few days ago. And it's quite true, too!

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not flunk;
He keepeth me from lying down when I should be studying.
He leadeth me beside the water cooler for a study break;
He restores my faith in study guides.
He leads me to better study habits
For my grades' sake.
Yea, tho' I walk through the valley of borderline grades,
I will not have a nervous breakdown;
For Thou art with me;
My prayers and my friends, they comfort me.
Thou givest me the answers in moments of blankness;
Thou anointest my head with understanding,
My test paper runneth over with questions I recognize.
Surely passing grades and flying colors shall follow me
All the days of examinations;
And I shall not have to dwell in this university
Forever!
Amen!

5 comments:

Sebastian Ng said...

I found the perfect student verse for them to work through the study period especially those that are NERDS who like to say "SIF" and "totally pwned" andhave no life...

HEBREWS 10:36
"You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God. You will receive what he has promised."

In this case... it would be completeing your exams :)

God Bless

Sebastian Ng said...

I would also like to say flying coloured grades seem to be a bragging thing in church... maybe not out loud... but I mean a certain sense of saying my course is better then yours or I am doing better than you... well I'd like to say flying colours in grades aren't everything... The will of God in your life is what you should strive for... one person it may be commerce, or engineering, or software programming, or carpentry, or metal work. I mean how many in church are good at a spanner I think there are two that is uncle Clarence and uncle Henry (two top people looking after the church fixing this and that)... well I'm just saying I think people should accept tafe entries as a will of God for their life... nobody should judge them...

I want to take a disclaimer and say I'm not attacking Jono hahahaha far from it I'm just saying I want to break the trend I see happen every year... which is the expectation of people going to university as if that is the way life has to be... I know I was brought up with that expectation... but I want inforce another expectation that finishing yr 12 doesn't have to mean entrance into university... I mean a person who finishs yr 10 and ends up working at a 9-5 mechanic job maybe more comfortable then going to university to sit and listen to an old man or woman talk for the longest time and it might be their gift the using of their hands to do good.

Well thats my little spiel for tonight...

God Bless

Kev said...

well said seb, especially the 2nd comment, I feel neverless the same way =P

Anonymous said...

But but.. I thought getting into medicine with grant me salvation. Alas, I was wrong =(

Anonymous said...

Er.. Don't you mean "disIllusioned" with an "I"? And don't you mean "will" not "with"? Are you sure you're in medicine or should I say "medeciine"? *lol*